SATAY (ASIAN BARBECUE)
Chicken Satay Recipe Ingredients :
- 1 lb. lean boneless pork
- 1 lb. lean beef tenderloin
- 1 lb. boneless chicken
Partially freeze meat - slice into cubes and place on skewers so it will cook evenly. Place skewers in a large shallow baking dish and brush with marinade. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 1 sm. onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. salad oil
- 1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 c. coconut milk (or 2/3 c. milk with coconut flakes)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Then put into blender with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Put into saucepan and heat only until thick. Add some water to it.
Prepare charcoal fire. Place meat on skewers and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, brushing meat slightly with oil as you cook. Serve hot with sauce. 12 servings. Enjoy !