Chicken Satay Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 stalk lemon grass, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon muscovado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
First of all place vegetable oil, soy sauce, tamarind paste, lemon grass, garlic, cumin, coriander, lime juice, muscovado sugar, and chili powder in a blender and process to a smooth paste. Next in a large bowl, or a large resealable plastic bag, toss chicken strips with marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
And then preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, peanuts, coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, tomato paste, and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Keep warm.
Thread chicken onto skewers. Grill until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Serve with peanut sauce...enjoy the Satay !